Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jimmy

I have loved James Dean for as long as I can remember.  Its funny how someone that died in 1955 can impact the lives of people that werent even alive at the time of his untimely death. 
The first face I ever dotted was James Dean and I have since drawn and dotted him many times.  This new image is not as iconic as some of James Dean but I love the gentleness of his features in it.




This picture was completed with 0.1, 0.2 and 0.4 nibs.

I am lucky to have been able to indulge my love for James Dean in my travels .  I first went to the Griffith Observatory where James Dean filmed Rebel Without A Cause in LA.


I have walked down the "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" in New York and even went to the place James Dean died.  The intersection has a sign and the Jack Ranch, where his body was taken has a memorial built by a Japanese fan.  I found the road so sad and desolate, filled with the feeling of tragedy and unfulfilled possibilities.




No comments:

Post a Comment